|phrizz||# Posted on 2012-02-14 at 08:28PM UTC|
(revision v1.0 …cleaned it up, added & fixed some stuff)
With that out of the way, for those still unsure about their drive’s AP25 capability and want to find out once and for all, I threw this guide together (probably the third or fourth time I’ve typed and posted it in various places on this site, but this one is by far the most complete, although not entirely proof-read for grammatical errors or typo’s).
So, fellow Hitachi 78/79 owners, here’s what I personally did to verify whether or not my 79 4b00 performed AP25. I’m glad I did, because my specific drive does not perform the checks and therefore I am not here all the time awaiting Lt+ 3.0 that will probably release sometime in May/June/July (pessimistic, I know, but look at the track-record with Hitachi releases).
What You’ll Need:
2. Lt+ v1.1 for Hitachi (this step is really only necessary if you are trying to avoid flags/bans, if you don’t care or are already flagged/banned you can skip downflashing altogether. IMPORTANT: Added more details regarding this step, read them below in step 1 of the “How To Test”).
3. Xbox Backup Creator v3.45 (NOT the latest v3.50 that’s listed on the front page, it’s the version just before it that doesn’t support ripping of topology data).
4. Abgx360 (I used the older v1.0.5 instead of the new one but since you can still “Disable Writes” in the latest v1.0.6, either version should suffice).
5. Blank DVD+R DL (I use Virbatim MKM001′s, Made in Singapore, the 2.4x variety, and burn ALL my games at 4x. You’re mileage may vary on this step but if you’re burning and older XGD2 as suggested, this should theoretically go a lot smoother than trying this test with a new XGD3).
6. ImgBurn (any recent version should suffice).
7. Time and a lil’ patience =)
How To Test:
1a. Get one of the older XGD2 games that utilized AP25 (there was only about six of them so selection is limited, but in my opinion these titles are the best way and easiest way to test.) I used my Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood original.
2. Dump the disc using XBC 3.45 (NOT the newest 3.50!). Make sure you remove the DAE.bin file from the main folder. You can move it or simply rename it to DAE.bak but you’ll need to alter the *.bin extension so XBC doesn’t detect it. (just move it to a different folder..KISS is always best..Keep It Simple Stupid! lol)
3. Once the game is ripped, open up Abgx360, either v1.0.5 or the newest v1.0.6. Load any of your custom settings (optional, but I did use my custom settings) then load your newly ripped backup that should NOT have an AP25 sector intact, this step will check that theory;
3a. Once your ISO is loaded, just above the line that shows the path to the ISO (still within the “Input” section at the top) there is a box you can click on to check that says “Disable Writes”. CHECK THIS BOX! We do NOT want Abgx to fix anything within the ISO because we WANT the game to have a missing AP25 sector. If you forget to check the box, Abgx 1.0.6 will patch in topology data, 1.0.5 will patch AP25 data and we do NOT want that for this test. (the patching from Abgx 1.0.6 may not be super critical since it will patch topology instead of AP25, but 1.0.5 will patch AP25 thus rendering the test useless. Disabling writes will guarantee that your backup doesn’t contain any AP25 sector or topology data at all so just check that box! =)
4. After Abgx spits out some errors regarding an AP25 or topology (depending on what version Abgx you’re using) sector is missing, it will tell you that it tried to fix it but writes are disabled, you should then be ready to go. Burn the now verified-to-have-no-AP25/topology-sector ISO to a DVD+R DL, pop it in your Xbox and try to play it.
4a. (this may be removed in a future revision. Read step 1 details above.) If you downgraded to Lt+ 1.1, the game will either load up and play like normal or you will get a black screen; if the game loads – congrats, your Hitachi doesn’t perform AP25 / topology checks and you don’t need to piss around here waiting for Lt+ 3.0. If you get the black screen, remove the disc immediately to avoid a flag and I’m sorry but you’ll have to wait for Lt+ 3.0 to play games patched with topology data because your drive performs AP25 checks.
4b. If you did NOT downgrade, the game will either load as normal, which would mean your drive doesn’t perform AP25 or you’ll receive the “Unreadable disc” or similar message and get kicked back to the dashboard (this will result in a flag for failing an AP25 challenge).
5. As long as your Xbox is not connected to the internet, you can even use XVal to check if you failed an AP25 challenge since you would be flagged within the console rather than server-side. (You can’t be flagged server-side if you’re not connected to anything, so XVal would work in this situation).
5a. If you don’t know how to use XVal, you will need your consoles serial number (located on the back of you Xbox under the UPC bar code, generally it’s a series of 12 numbers) and you will also need to go into your Xbox system settings then console information to obtain the “Encrypted X Value” (this is an alpha-numeric code that should be around 16 digits). Input these two codes into XVal and click the “Decrypt” button, the result will either come back as “Secdata is Clean” meaning you are not flagged console-side or it will tell you that you failed an AP25 challenge.
- Loading Google Custom Search...
Popular Forum Topics
- Summertime And The Livin' Is Sleazy Nicole Aniston & Xander Corvus Big Tits at W
- Preppies In Pantyhose: Part 2 Chanel Preston & Van Wylde Milfs Like it Big
- The Butt Plug Burglar Bridgette B & Isiah Maxwell Big Butts Like It Big
- Pornstar PR: Crisis Management Amia Miley & Xander Corvus Pornstars Like it Big
- Honey It's A Motorbunny Ariella Ferrera & Johnny Sins Milfs Like it Big
- Nursing My Stepson's Sick Dickm Alura Jenson & Robby Echo Mommy Got Boobs
- Spilt Milk Brenna Sparks & Isiah Maxwell Baby Got Boobs
- Kira Finds Her Motivation Kira Noir & Markus Dupree Brazzers Exxtra
- oryginalna kamagra
- Download Cartoon HD APP
Tags#c4e #fw #x360usb 3.0 0225 0272 360 0401 0500 0800 1175 9504 abgx360 AP2.5 BenQ c4eva c4evaSpeaks cfw Commodore4Eva DG-16D5S EFnet firmware flash Hitachi iHAS IRC iXtreme Lite-On Lite-On 1175 DG-16D5S LiteOn LT Preview PS3 Samsung Slim SU SystemUpdate TU x360key x360usb pro Xbox Xbox 360 Xbox360 Xbox Backup Creator XGD3
- November 2014
- May 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
AnonymizationWhile these logs are primarily gathered from public channels, we respect your desire for privacy and anonymity. If your nickname appears in the logs and you'd like it to be anonymized, please submit a request via the Contact page. Upon receipt, any references to your nick will be replaced with asterisks during the next round of manual edits.